Do the following steps to start iSQL*Plus:
- Connect to the Internet or your intranet, and start your web browser.
- Enter your Oracle9i HTTP Server URL, followed by
isqlplus, in your web browser's Location or Address field. The iSQL*Plus URL looks like this:
If you do not know the Oracle9i HTTP Server URL, ask your System Administrator.
- Press Enter to go to the URL. The iSQL*Plus Login screen is displayed in your web browser.
- Enter your Oracle9i username and password in the Username and Password fields. If you do not know your Oracle9i username and password, ask your Database Administrator.
- Leave the Connection Identifier field blank to connect to the default database. Enter the Oracle Net database alias to connect to a database other than the default. If restricted database access has been configured, the Connection Identifier field will be a dropdown list of available databases you can select.
- Click Login to connect
to the database. The iSQL*Plus Work screen is displayed
in your web browser.
Now you can start entering and executing SQL, PL/SQL and SQL*Plus statements and commands in the Work screen Input area.
Here are some resources you might find useful when working with iSQL*Plus: